||Our client is looking for a full time Laboratory Technician to be based at their site in Scunthorpe.
To conduct cement/GGBS testing in a safe, timely and reliable manner.
To support management in reporting testing information and identifying any quality issues as soon as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct laboratory testing and sampling reliably to the agreed European and internal procedures and standards
• Provide GGBS samples for dispatch to customers on request from management
• Reporting and recording test results accurately and on time and identifying any unusual or
• non-conforming results
• Maintaining daily checks and regular calibrations of laboratory equipment
• Maintain a safe and tidy working environment
• Working to and upholding company policies and standards
• Carry out chemical analysis as per European standards
Good basic level of education in Maths and English
Basic IT skills with Excel and Word
Experience of similar lab work and procedures preferable
Skills / Knowledge:
Good eye for detail
Good time keeping
Knowledge of ISO 9001 preferable
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".