Junior Product Designer
||Our client, a leading global player in the housewares sector based in Farnborough, is looking for a Junior Product Designer reporting to the Senior Product Designer.
- Undertake design and product development projects under the direction and management of the Senior Product Designer.
- Deliver successful completion to pre-determined timing phases or as the business requires.
- Working across a variety of manual appliance brands within the product portfolio. Working with design colleagues and brand product managers, encapsulate their intent within NPD projects ensuring maximum ‘buy in’ to concepts generated.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of new product projects.
- Raise Critical Path Analysis (CPA) for each specific project. Maintain and communicate changes through regular communication channels and review forums.
- Ensure that assigned projects establish a ‘best value’ return on investment.
- Work to support the in-house Packaging Technologist on pack solutions to all NPD.
- Report back on the progress of all the projects at monthly New Product Development meetings.
- Work closely with engineering, quality and vendors to ensure outstanding product performance and legislative conformance.
- Ensure that the projects are well documented in order that other business areas fully understand progress.
- Work closely with the China Office / Project Engineer to ensure that NPD projects are manufacturable, processed to specification, to predefined performance parameters on cost and on time.
- Generate and maintain feed-back documents relating to sampling processes and evaluations.
- Assist in responses required to any ongoing quality issues including the implementation of any necessary ECN / design changes.
- Manage the implementation of allocated RFQ projects in line with the company’s NPD process.
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A recent Graduate, or a Product Designer with previous experience in design and development with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Product Design, Industrial Design or Engineering.
- Ideally from an in-house manufacturing environment with exposure to supplier liaison and manufacturing systems.
- A solid understanding and experience of ‘design for manufacture’ using plastics, wood, steel and similar substrates.
- Ideally with a technical understanding of injection moulding & metal fabrication techniques.
- Some experience of working directly with Far East manufacturers would be preferable.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Full understanding of the latest CAD architecture.
- Working experience of SolidWorks.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office software.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a culture geared towards team work combined with the ability to work in an environment where a hands-on approach to the business is a prerequisite.
- Some cross functional experience / contacts: ability to specify and manage constructional packaging related to new product introductions.
- Must be able to undertake international travel if required to do so for business purposes.
All applications will require BOTH a portfolio AND hand drawings
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Tuesday 8th August 2017