||Our client, an established market leader, based in Yateley, is looking for a Production Controller reporting to the Master Production Scheduler.
To coordinate and report on the production fulfilment process and material schedule to meet the Sales & Production Plan schedule.
1. Review and release daily job card confirmations on Syspro, ensuring kits are flowing through stores on-time, free from material shortages if possible, before issue and checking with the Change Co-ordinator if there are any Engineering Change Notes (ECN) affecting build.
2. Review weekly “the sales plan” for the next 2 weeks, updating job descriptions as necessary, informing on issues affecting shipping of sales orders, reporting on both internal and external shortages. Follow up actions to report to key stakeholders, by email or by a report, showing progress in solving issues effecting shipment of sales orders weekly.
3. Monitor picklist picking sequence report, targeting required kits especially related to sales orders one week ahead of build requirement date. Reporting any “at risk” kits to the Master Production Scheduler (MPS) by email.
4. On a daily basis monitor progress and review job cards in Work In Progress, using ‘Work-to-Lists” ensuring any overdue work is either moved out by informing the MPS of said issues or by liaising with the Production Manager to implement “how to catch up” actions if possible.
5. To be the key contact for manufacturing issues for the materials team, providing feedback on shortages, production issues, quality issues and sales order changes, Communicating and meeting the relevant stakeholders and producing an overview report to the MPS on a weekly basis.
6. Conduct weekly meetings with the Sales Admin Manager and Production Manager gathering information, updates on production and material supply affecting the next week’s sales order shipments and summarise this information in an email or report to key stakeholders.
7. Work closely with the Senior Project Planner in deciding priorities for machine shop/materials and build. Escalating any issues to the MPS by email.
8. Progress chasing internal jobs required for sales orders, negotiating with the Production Manager and Cell Co-ordinators of various departments to ensure accurate completion times offering help as required. Splitting time between office and shop floor environment on a daily basis.
9. Internal and external progress chasing, to generate regular reports using the MRP system to produce an accurate overview of placed orders, identifying shortages and delays and issues directly impacting production schedules.
10. Liaise directly, via telephone or face-to-face, with suppliers (both external and internal) and progress purchase orders or internal jobs to satisfy requirements. To understand the reason for the delays and ascertain adjusted delivery dates, escalating outstanding issues to the Production Planning Dept and Purchasing Management.
11. Receive information from Production Planning Dept, Buyers, Production staff, Stores and Engineering regarding rescheduled materials requirements, incorrect supply of components, adjusted order levels, engineering change notes etc. Ensure suppliers are fully aware of the new commitments and can supply against new timescales to the quality levels required by the company.
12. Accurately update all transactions onto Syspro with dates and appropriate notations added to works orders ensuring all Syspro users have a comprehensive view of materials orders and deliveries.
13. Maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments i.e. Production, Purchasing, Planning, Quality, Sales Ordering, Engineering, Accounts etc. ensuring a timely and accurate provision of materials and communication of any issues that may impact on operational efficiency.
14. Help regularly review current operating procedures in conjunction with other key stakeholders with the aim of suggesting improvements. (i.e. system improvements and enhancements to existing practices).
Previous experience in progress chasing roles.
Proven experience of production planning/scheduling in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
Strong knowledge and practical experience in ERP/MRP systems (ideally SYSPRO or SAP, Oracle etc)
A sound understanding and knowledge of mechanical/electrical stock items
Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
•Planning and organising skills
•Good communication skills written and verbal
•Ability to work on own initiative & collaborate with team/other colleagues
•Strong customer orientation
•Ability to negotiate and influence
•Proactive & positive attitude
•Good level of numeracy
•Analytical & Problem solving skills
This role would suit someone with experience of production planning, production control in an electro - mechanical production environment.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion"
Wednesday 13th September 2017