||Our client is looking for a Material Planner to join the business to undertake the following duties:
Taking ownership of the planning and inventory management of parts, including all parts that belong to suppliers that are in escalation for poor performance plus to project manage planning activities within SCQ activities, special offers, campaigns and events. The aim is to provide the highest possible parts availability worldwide for all current models and derivatives, with the lowest investment and risk to obsolescence. Assuring the appropriate supply solution to uphold availability, control working capital and maintaining supplier performance.
Ensure industry leading parts service to fulfil brand expectations of effortless ownership experience.
• Define the Material Planning strategy. Evaluate, plan and build in flexibility into MRP for all parts ensuring required availability can be maintained. Ensure that the Material Planning operation is well prepared and positioned for future challenges and business growth.
• Responsible for achieving an annual average target of 96% for the global parts availability of fast moving stocked parts (>12 sales per year).
• Responsible for achieving an annual average target of 94% for the overall global parts availability.
• Responsible for ensuring that Common Parts availability is also in line with targets.
• Establishing and managing agreements our partners in the UK and USA to ensure overall availability. Ensure the correct parts are on stock at RDC’s and any issues in non-stocking or overstocking for common parts is managed.
• Responsible for the management of specialist planning projects such as SCQ activities, special offers, campaigns and events
• Total inventory management; with planning, demand forecasting and both internal and external supplier management for all project-related parts with consideration to the significant impact of this product offering on customer satisfaction and our clients brand perception.
• Establish, manage and maintain supply chain quality SLA’s with external suppliers and customers to ensure Aftersales current & future requirements are being met and forecasted for in those respective departments to ensure continuous supply and drive process and cost efficiencies.
• Secure continuous supply from all suppliers for the shared parts portfolio, ensuring optimal stock levels are maintained, targeted availability is achieved, costs are minimised, packaging requirements and quality standards are consistently met, as well as supporting required warehousing processes.
• Responsible for the future demand forecasting for the shared parts portfolio to maintain required availability and stock holding levels using best practice relevant to each part, with special consideration to both central and regional marketing and/or promotional activities, potential seasonality, as well as campaigns and recalls.
• Responsible for managing the inventory investment for all project-related parts, ensuring we are not overexposed with excess stock. To eliminate / minimise risk of loss through scrap and reduce direct and indirect costs of stockholdings and improve working capital position.
• Ensure swift back order resolution by identifying and sourcing non stocked parts to address all customer requirements in the fastest possible time ensuring maximum customer and dealer satisfaction.
• Create, manage and maintain the process for remanufactured parts ensuring a sustainable supply chain.
• Represent Aftersales in Purchasing & Parts Product Management circles, ensuring information is captured, transferred and Aftersales requirements are achieved.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent in a Business or Engineering discipline. However, relevant experience in a similar field is equally valued.
•Knowledge and operational experience in the spare parts business.
•Detailed experience and in-depth knowledge of material planning and stock control processes.
•Strong general IT skills including MS Office & SAP.
•Experience in building cross-functional teams.
•Ability to react on changing market demands.
•An individual with a strong brand focus and long term vision.
•Excellent communication skills with ability to assert oneself
•Analytical, logical and self-motivated individual with the ability to motivate.
•Awareness of global consumer laws which impact on customer exchange and buy-backs.
Index Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".